Here you will find a collection of resources about European foreign affairs. They have been put together during projects carried out at the EFPU and made available for research purposes.
Would you like to make resources or datasets you have collected available via the EFPU website? Please get in touch!
EFPU study aids to help foster an understanding of European foreign policy:
Chronology of the development of EU foreign policy institutions [PDF] (as of 04/2019)
Chronology of the development of EU foreign policies [PDF] (as of 04/2019)
List of EU civilian and military missions [PDF] (as of 04/2019)
EEAS officials in their own words: videos of speeches or interviews with EEAS officials about EU foreign affairs
Brexit and Brussels: The Changing Relationship Between the UK and the EU (2019), UACES podcast with Paul James Cardwell, Laura Cram, Roberta Guerrina, and Jo Hunt.
- Brexit: Where is the UK-EU relationship heading? (2018), UACES podcast with Simon Hix.
- Britain Rues the Waves? UK Foreign and Security Policy Post-Brexit (2020), UACES podcast with Amelia Hadfield.
- How a Bad Brexit May Sour European Security Cooperation (2020), International Crisis Group podcast with Lord Mark Malloch-Brown, Olga Oliker, and Hugh Pope.
- Interview with Clive Church on Switzerland, the EU and Brexit (2019), UACES podcast with Clive Church.
- Interview with Jocelyn Mawdsley on EU foreign & security policy, Brexit & PhDs (2018), UACES podcast with Jocelyn Mawdsley.
- The EU-UK Relationship (2020), Chatham House event with João Vale de Almeida HoD UK and Dr Robin Niblett.
- Undercurrents: Reflections on the Integrated Review (2021), Chatham House podcast with Richard Whitman and Patricia Lewis.
- Unpacking the EU's digital diplomacy and foreign policy (2021), DIPLO event with Dr Matthias C. Kettemann, senior researcher at the Leibniz Institute for Media Research, Hans-Bredow-Institut (HBI), and Dr Patryk Pawlak, head of the Brussels office of the EU Institute for Security Studies (EUISS).
- What has the UK ever done for the EU (2020), Paul Adamson in conversation with Professor Anand Menon.
Additional information on European foreign policy:
Official EU websites:
Council of the European Union
Website of the EU External Action Service
Other useful websites:
CLEER News Service (weekly updates about EU external actions)
European Council of Foreign Relations
The European Union Institute for Security Studies
Centre for European Policy Studies, Brussels
Centre for European Reform, London
European Centre for Development Policy Management (Maastricht, Netherlands)