The 38th annual Management Accounting Research Group Conference 2017
Thursday 30 March 2017, London School of Economics and Political Science
Theme: Management Accounting: New Times, New Practices?
The New Times we are living through are reflected in major changes to the business environment. The degree of these changes may not be different to those experienced in the recent past but their impacts seem much more rapid. The conference considered how management accounting might respond with speed with new practices to tackle these environmental changes which require changes in accounting. The conference focussed on how smaller organisations can cope with the alterations required of management accounting given the rapid environmental changes being faced.
- Juhani Vaivio, Aalto University School of Business, Organisational change, measurement and occupational identity
- Michael Bromwich, London School of Economics, Management Accounting: Future perspectives
- Kiran Ali and Hanif Jiwa, Trigo Consulting, Methods, processes and technologies affecting management reporting, planning and data discovery
- David Carr, Bouygues Energies and Services, The future of finance
- Tristan Price, CEO of M.P. Evans Group PLC, Short chains, long reach: Decision making in one smaller listed company
View photos of the day here.