About the seminar series
The Department of Psychological and Behavioural Science at LSE hosts a term-time seminar series, inviting researchers to present their latest findings.
The series is particularly beneficial for LSE students and early career researchers as it presents the opportunity to discuss and debate new findings in social psychology and behavioural science in a small, open setting.
How to join a seminar
The Departmental Seminar Series is open to all LSE staff and students.
Seminars will normally take place on Wednesdays, from 1.00pm to 2.00pm during term time. This year the series will take place in a hybrid format - both in-person and online - unless specified.
All details, including speaker information, title and abstract, location and Zoom link will be sent via email each week from the PBS Events team firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refer to this email for any changes to schedule and confirmation on the format. If you are a member of LSE staff or a student from outside the Department of Psychological and Behavioural Science, please email email@example.com to join the mailing list.
Summer Term 2023 speakers
Professor Ulrike Hahn, Birkbeck University
Wednesday 24 May, 4-5pm
Topic: Individuals, Collectives, and Individuals in Collectives: The In-eliminable Role of Dependence
Professor Colin Wayne Leach, Barnard College, Columbia University
Wednesday 31 May, 1-2pm
Topic: "Black Lives Matter": A Study in Social Psychological Sentiment
Dr Rim Saam, University of Sussex
Wednesday 14 June, 2-3pm
- Dr Georgios Melios, PBS, LSE
- Professor Andrew Oswald,Warwick University
- Professor Alex Gillespie,PBS, LSE
- Professor Elizabeth Stokoe, Loughborough University
- Professor Antonia Hamilton, UCL
- Dr Wijnand Van Tilburg, University of Essex
- Dr Divyush Khemka, PBS, LSE
- Dr Toby Pilditch, UCL
- Vanessa Bohns, Associate Professor of Organizational Behavior, Cornell University
- Patrick Humphreys, Emeritus Professor, Department of Psychological and Behavioural Science, LSE
- Margaret Samahita, Assistant Professor at the School of Economics, University College Dublin and a Research Fellow at the Geary Institute for Public Policy
- Laura M. Giurge, Assistant Professor, Department of Psychological and Behavioural Science, LSE
- June Gruber, Department of Psychology and Neuroscience, University of Colorado, Boulder
- Ullrich Ecker, University of Western Australia
- Moshe Hoffman, Research Scientist at the Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Biology and Lecturer at Harvard's Department of Economics.
- Renata Bongiorno, Postdoctoral Research Fellow, College of Life and Environmental Sciences, University of Exeter
- Kristian Nielsen, Postdoctoral Research Associate at the Cambridge Social Decision-Making Lab in the Department of Psychology at the University of Cambridge
- Umberto Castiello, University of Padova, Principle Investigator, NEMO Laboratory
- Amanda Williams (IMD)
- Gregg Sparkman, Princeton University
- Sander van der Linden, University of Cambridge
- Shahzeen Attari, Indiana University Bloomington
- Gordon Flett, York University Canada
- Charless Efferson, University of Lausanne
- Patrick Hoggard, UCL
- Daniel Nettle, Newcastle University
- Aiyana Willard, Brunel
- Armin Falk, University of Bonn
- Rex Wright, University of North Texas
- Reto Odermatt, University of Basel
- Thomas Graeber, Harvard University