Welcome to LSE and to the Department of Mathematics! We look forward to meeting you and welcoming you into the LSE community. Hopefully, you have received information from the School about registration, Welcome Week and other important matters. We will also be sending you some information which you should receive during September.
- Departmental Welcome Talk - Monday 18 September, 11.00-13.00 in CKK.LG.09 (Cheng Kin Ku Building)
- Enrolment - Tuesday 19 September, 2.45-3pm in the Great Hall of Marshall Building
- MSc Welcome Reception (all MSc Mathematics programmes) - Wednesday 20 September, 1.30-3.30pm in the Shaw Library (Old Building, 6th floor)
Welcome Letter from the Programme Director
MSc OR&A Handbook 2023-24
MSc OR&A Timetable Outline
MSc OR&A Programme Regulations
LSE Campus Accessibility Map
If you would like to gain some experience of computer programming before you arrive, you could learn the language R, which you will use in ST447 Data Analysis and Statistical Methods. Once you learn any language it is easy to learn others, and programming will be useful in your career. Programming will also give you a sense of what computers can and cannot do, that will be useful in all algorithmic courses.
Good starting points are:
- Dalgaard, Introductory Statistics with R (Springer, 2008)
- Coursera Course
- M. Anthony, M. Harvey, Linear Algebra (Cambridge University Press, 2012)