Writing in a notebook

Enhancing LSE's excellent, research-rich education

Nothing makes me prouder to be part of LSE than getting involved with the active community of researchers working hard to shine a light on social issues.

Rhydian Cleaver, Government student

Delivering an excellent, research-rich education at the home of social sciences means more than teaching facts, figures and research skills. It means helping students grow as researchers, innovators and critical thinkers, regardless of degree subject or year of study. We are embedding research-related practices at all levels of the curriculum and strengthening our extra-curricular offering. 

More opportunities for student researchers

Empowering students to share their ideas with the world

Building a more inclusive education

• Together we are decolonising and diversifying our curriculum and developing inclusive pedagogies. You can find out more about our Inclusive Education Action Plan here.
  • LSE Student Futures provides routes for students to engage with civic issues, present their research in meaningful and creative ways, and access other transformational learning opportunities beyond the classroom.
  • Building on the success of the resits and deferrals project, our assessment enhancement programme is now in consultation. 
  • We continue to build our extended education offering. 
  • Digital Education Futures is a strategic focus for 2022 and 2023. 

Do you have an example of excellent, research-rich education to share?

We're collecting case studies of best practice and successful projects from across our School. Contact communications.internal@lse.ac.uk to share your story.

Email the Internal Communications team