The project hosts a regular seminar series to enhance knowledge exchange amongst academics and experts from different disciplines, including but not limited to, history, international relations, gender studies, and economics.
In 2020, marking the 20th anniversary of the adoption of the ground breaking Security Council Resolution 1325, the FILPS project will host a Women's Peace Congress.
The series welcomes those working on issues related to the following themes from a feminist perspective:
- The history of peace under international law
- The right to peace
- Women’s activism on peace
- Women, Peace and Security
- Peace at the site of multiple disciplines
- The history of women’s involvement in conflict prevention
- Women’s narratives on conflict prevention
- Feminist foreign policies
The objective is to provide a space at LSE where participants can discuss and share their work and insights. A number of external speakers will also be invited to contribute.