While not relevant for MPP students, or students on our executive programmes, we recommend that MPA students equip themselves with as much practical experience as possible during their degree.
An internship between the first and second years of the programme can provide valuable experience that both guides learning through the second year of the programme, as well as increasing job-related skills and employment opportunities.
MPA students can find internship opportunities on the LSE Careerhub. Previous MPA students have taken internships in a wide range of sectors including:
- Asian Development Bank
- Innovations for Poverty Action
- Intern-American Development Bank
- World Health Organisation
- Asia Renewables
- Barclays IBD
- International Chamber of Commerce UK
- Monitor Deloitte
- Cato Institute
- Centre for Economic Performance (LSE)
- Public Health Foundation of India
Typically, around 75% of internships are paid or offer a stipend, most do not require similar previous experience or require a new visa.