The aim of this workshop is to bring together researchers and practitioners in data science area to discuss new foundational theoretical results, methods, and applications. On the side of theory and methods, this includes both novel machine learning and statistical approaches to data science with a focus on algorithmic and mathematical foundations. On the side of applications, this includes important challenges faced by different industries in addressing real-world data science problems. The goal of the workshop is to discuss and identify important challenges that need to be addressed, both in theory and practice, for further advancement of data science.
The event marks the inauguration of the MSc Data Science programme run by the Department of Statistics at the London School of Economics.
Please contact Professor Milan Vojnovic or Penelope Smith with any questions about this event. Please see the campus map for help in finding your way around LSE.
Participation is by invitation only.
Confirmed speakers so far:
- Martin Anthony, London School of Economics
- Clement Calauzenes, Criteo
- Moez Draief, Huawei Research
- Wenfei Fan, University of Edinburgh
- Piotr Fryzlewicz, London School of Economics
- Neil Lawrence, Amazon
- Laurent Massoulie, INRIA
- Vahab Mirrokni, Google Research
- Sofia Olhede, UCL
- Nimrod Priell, Facebook
- Alexandre Proutiere, KTH Stockholm
- Tim Roughgarden, Stanford University
- Elizeu Santos-Neto, Google
- Dean Straw, Proximity London
- Ashish Umre, XL Catlin
- Jim Webber, Neo4j
- Edin Zajmovic, Thomson-Reuters