Tuesday, 28 January 2020, 6pm to 8pm, Garrick (lower ground floor)
Book your place (bookings open on 14 January)
The evening offers International History students the opportunity to speak informally with International History alumni hearing the personal experiences and insights of alumni who work in a variety of different sectors, functions and roles. Come along and find out about the work they are doing, how they secured their first role following their undergraduate degree or masters, and their career paths to date.
This promises to be a really useful evening and will be very helpful for anyone who's wondering how they are going to make the transition from studying International History to starting their career.
Sign-up is required for catering purposes.
• Alex Kottke – Senior Analyst, Aperio Intelligence
• Dr Alex Mayhew – LSE Fellow
• Arnaud Balner - Political Advisor, French Embassy to the UK
• Catherine Flood – Public Affairs Assistant at Sainsbury's
• Cécile Guerin – Policy & Research Coordinator at the Institute for Strategic Dialogue
• Dennis Mooney – Cabinet Office Complex Transactions Team
• Katharina Neureiter – Impact Executive, CDC Group
• Kieran O'Donoghue – Analyst, Bank of England
• Laurence Atchison – Policy Manager, Rail Delivery Group
• Len Brown – TV Producer/Director & Writer
• Luc-André Brunet – Lecturer, Open University
• Om Dhumatkar – Business Design Directorate, Community Banking, Lloyds Banking Group
• Peter Millwood – Teaching Fellow in East Asian History, LSE
• Sebastian Shehadi –Global Markets Reporter, fDi Magazine Financial Times Group
• Silvia Peneva – Event Programme Manager, Mobile 360 Series, GSM Association
• Suyin Haynes – Senior Reporter, TIME Magazine
• Thomas Brown – Senior Library Clerk, House of Lords
• Usha Patel – Chief of staff at Zulu Group
• Zosia Krajewska – Business Operations Manager, McKenzie Intelligence Services
This event will be particularly useful if you:
- are thinking about your options after your degree
- would like to hear about the sort of work and responsibilities jobs in the different sectors can entail
- would like to get advice for your job search.
Attending this event will enable you to:
- describe the key functions and the day to day work of the panellists
- state strategies to get started in similar lines of work, based on the alumni insights.