The Society for Algerian Studies and the LSE Middle East Centre are delighted to announce the fifth round of a prize aimed at Master’s students in the UK conducting research on Algeria. Launched in 2019, the prize is designed to encourage and celebrate outstanding research, prizes will be awarded to the most innovative and significant Master’s dissertations focussing on Algeria.
Criteria and Process
- Entries are invited from students enrolled on Master’s degree courses in social sciences, arts and humanities at universities in the UK whose dissertation examines Algeria. Research which focuses on Algeria in comparative perspective is also eligible.
- Applicants must have completed their dissertation in the 2022/23 academic year.
- Applicants should complete the online application form by 23.59 GMT on 30 November 2023.
- Applicants should submit a copy of their official dissertation feedback form through the online submission system.
- A Selection Committee will assess applications on the basis of: innovation of the research question, significance of the findings, as well as quality of the written dissertation and methodology.
- The prizes will be announced in January 2024.
- The 1st prize winner will receive £250 and the 2nd prize winner will receive £150. Both will be invited to contribute a blog piece related to their research, on the Middle East Centre Blog.
For all enquiries, please contact Kendall Livingston, Projects Manager: email@example.com.
More information on last year's winners can be found here.