This free service provides you with access to electronic articles and single ebook chapters that you need for your research.
We are currently unable to provide loans of any print books.
If you would like an ebook you should place a recommendation for one to be purchased.
To request an article/chapter from another library:
1. Find out as much as possible about the item.
2. Sign in to your Library account.
3. Select the 'Interlending' option in the site navigation.
4. Fill out the online form with your request details.
3. Monitor the progress of your request through Library Search.
Receiving your article/chapter
- Journal articles/ebook chapters will be supplied electronically to your LSE email address.
- You will need to register to download articles supplied by the British Library. You will be sent an email containing a link via which you can download the article and instructions on how to do this. You will only need to register once.
Please note that copyright restrictions mean you may only request one article from an issue of a journal, or one chapter of an ebook.
Print items currently on loan via inter-library lending
We are currently unable to accept returns of print inter-library loans. Please request a renewal via your Library account. We will contact the lending library and notify you of the new due date once they have responded. Please note that many libraries are currently extending all inter-library loans by several weeks, and we will update your due date accordingly.
Information for external libraries requesting our material
We are currently only able to supply electronic copies of articles or chapters until further notice. If you would like to request such material from us you should email email@example.com providing the following information:
- Your British Library Billing Code
- Request reference
- Your request details (Title, Author etc.)
- Your British Library Location Code
We are currently unable to accept returns of print inter-library loans, and we are renewing all items currently on loan until 1 February 2021. If you require a further extension, please contact us closer to the due date.
Fees for external libraries
We charge current British Library prices.