A symposium organised by the Department of Law, in partnership with the Chilean Embassy in London, Heidelberg Center for Latin America and the Orrego family to celebrate the life and legacy of Professor Francisco Orrego Vicuña, a leading figure of public international law in the Spanish speaking world, in the first anniversary of his passing.
The symposium will consist of five panels, each addressing a particular area of contribution Professor Orrego Vicuña made to international legal disciplines, and each composed of a moderator and speakers who knew Francisco’s work and life in the law. The panels will examine Francisco’s contributions in the following areas:
- The modern development of international law
- International law of the sea and Antartica
- The teaching and academic pursuit of international law
- International organisations
- International commercial arbitration
- The international law of foreign investment
Download a copy of the Symposium programme here.
This event is free but pre-registration is required. Email: email@example.com for more information.