My research focuses on the relationship between propaganda and violence against civilians. I analyse the role propaganda played in justifying violence during the Yugoslav wars. In my doctoral thesis, I produced a model of propaganda that details the phases, functions, discourses, and techniques of propaganda that can be identified across cases. On top of that, I currently work as the Associate Research Fellow at The Henry Jackson Society, a London-based think tank. In previous years, I worked as the Manager at the Centre for International Studies at LSE, and served as a GTA for courses such as Contemporary Issues in International Relations, International Security, Genocide, Power Shift, Global Politics in the 21st Century.
During my masters degree at the University of Oxford, I analysed the role that dehumanisation plays in justifying violence against civilians, and worked as a Waynflete Intern in Politics at Magdalen College School.
During my undergraduate degree at the University of Belgrade, I worked as a GTA for Introduction to Political Theory course, have been a member of the executive board of Open communication (a non-governmental organisation in Serbia), took part in debating and won several international competitions (including European Championship in the English as a Second Language Category).
The role of propaganda in justifying mass violence
- GTA, Contemporary Issues in International Relations, LSE, September 2019-June 2020
- GTA, Global Politics in the 21st Century, LSE IDEAS, October-November 2019
- GTA, Summer School course Power Shift, July 2019
- GTA, Summer School course Genocide (IR205), LSE, July 2019
- GTA, International Security (IR205) and Contemporary Issues in International Relations (IR101), LSE, September 2018-September 2019
- GTA, Summer School course Genocide (IR202), LSE, July 2018
- Tutor in Politics (lower and upper sixth form), Magdalen College School, September 2015-July 2017
- GTA in Introduction to Political Theory, Faculty of Political Sciences, University of Belgrade, September 2012-June 2015