Are you considering doing a summer internship with a UK Charity or small to medium-sized company?
We are pleased to announce the LSE International Relations Internship Fund Scheme will open for applications on 18 January 2021.
The Internship Fund Scheme is open to 1st and 2nd year undergraduates. The scheme invites eligible students who are interested in undertaking an internship, that would otherwise be unpaid, to apply for funding.
What is the Internship Fund Scheme?
The International Relations Internship Fund Scheme provides funding for a limited number of internships within a charity or small to medium sized enterprise* (SME) each year. This enables a number of students to receive funding for an internship that would be otherwise be unpaid and therefore might not be possible to do.
Am I eligible?
- Open to 1st and 2nd year International Relations undergraduate students only
- You don’t need to have an internship secured to apply
What does the scheme offer?
- A grant of £1505 (based on London living wage)
- Internships must be for 140 hours and take place between 18 June and 3 September 2021
- Funding is for internships with a registered UK Charity or SME based in the UK, that would otherwise be unpaid
How can I apply?
- Submit your application form on LSE CareerHub
- Apply by 11:59pm on 8 February 2021
Application forms will be assessed by LSE Careers and the department. You will then be notified as to whether your application has been successful or not.
You do not need to have an internship secured in order to apply for funding. If your initial application for funding is approved, you will then have several weeks to source an internship.
What happens if I am shortlisted to receive this grant?
- We aim to notify all successful applicants by 24 February 2021
- You’ll have until 5 May 2021 to source and secure an internship and notify LSE Careers
- LSE will not provide a guaranteed internship as part of this scheme but you will be invited to attend a compulsory careers seminar, designed to provide more guidance on how to find an internship. You will also be invited to attend a one to one careers appointment with an LSE Careers Consultant
If you have any questions about the scheme please contact email@example.com and use the subject heading ‘Internship Fund Scheme’.
* EU definition of SME: The organisation has less than 250 employees and annual turnover does not exceed €50 million or annual balance sheet total does not exceed €43 million