The Institute of Global Affairs and the Middle East Centre at LSE have launched a series of seminars revolving around the major demonstrations across Lebanon. The first seminar of this series will examine the recent events and put them into socio-political, economic, and legal context. This seminar is primarily intended to provide an intellectual space for students, scholars and the general public interested in the politics of the Middle East.
• Prof. Nasser Yassin, Interim Director of Issam Fares Institute, American University of Beirut (video call)
• Ms. Nayla Geagea, Legal and Constitutional Expert (video call)
• Mr. Gilbert Doumitt, Managing Partner at Beyond Reform & Development (video call)
• Dr. Bilal Malaeb, Postdoctoral Researcher, Institute of Global Affairs, LSE
• Professor Erik Berglof (Chair), Director, Institute of Global Affairs, LSE
Twitter Hashtag for this event: #LSELebanon
From time to time there are changes to event details so we strongly recommend checking back on this listing on the day of the event if you plan to attend.
Whilst we are hosting this listing, LSE Events does not take responsibility for the running and administration of this event. While we take responsible measures to ensure accurate informaton is given here (for instance by checking that the room has been booked) this event is ultimately the responsibility of the organisation presenting the event.