I'm an enthusiastic economist and focus my work on researching the economic effects of air pollution, environmental conditions, and their related public policies. My research background is in Economics at UPF (Bc.) and TSE (MSc.), and in Social Data Science at LSE (MSc.). For my broader research interests see below.
Provisional thesis title: Air Pollution, Policy and the Economic effects of the environment (in process of defining).
- Effect of national/regional public policies to reduce air pollution on itself, economic outcomes and regulator strategic behaviour.
- Effect of air pollution on labour outcomes, income and inequality.
- Effect of climate change on macro-scale economic determinants.
- Effect of climate change mitigation policies on economic outcomes, centred in economic instruments.
- Strong: Stata, R (tidyverse, r-stats, geo), Statistical Learning, LaTeX.
- Developing: Python, ArcGis, web scrapping.
Scholarships and funding:
- 04 / 2022: Full scholarship for studies - `La Caixa` Foundation
- 04 / 2019: Full Scholarship for studies for 2 years - Spanish Central Bank (BdE)
- 04 / 2018: Erasmus Internships grant Spanish Ministry of Education
- 03 / 2017: MOBINT Scholarship AGAUR
- Geospatial Data Scientist - 505 Economics
- RA at LSE (Daire McCoy, Shaikh Eskander), TSE (Arnaud Reynaud), and UPF (Libertad Gonzalez).
- President of Periodo Solidario, an NGO that works to improve women's livelihoods by promoting menstrual education and sustainable menstrual products in Spain and Eastern Africa
View Antonio's GitHub profile.
Prof Steve Gibbons
Prof Olmo Silva
View Antonio's CV.