I'm an enthusiastic economist and focus my work on researching the effect of air pollution and its related public policies on the economy by using methods of causality. My research background is in Economics at UPF (Bc.) and TSE (MSc.), and in Social Data Science at LSE (MSc.). For my broader research interests see below.
Provisional thesis title: Air Pollution, Policy and Economic Outcomes (in process of defining).
- Effect of national/regional public policies to reduce air pollution on itself, economic outcomes and regulator strategic behaviour.
- Effect of air pollution on labour outcomes, income and inequality.
- Effect of climate change on macro-scale economic determinants.
- Effect of climate change mitigation policies on economic outcomes, centred in economic instruments.
- Strong: Stata, R (tidyverse, r-stats, geo), Statistical Learning, LaTeX.
- Developing: Python, ArcGis, web scrapping.
Scholarships and funding:
- 04 / 2019: Full Scholarship for studies - 2 years Spanish Central Bank (BdE)
- 04 / 2018: Erasmus Internships grant Spanish Ministry of Education
- 03 / 2017: MOBINT Scholarship AGAUR
- Research assistant at the Toulouse School of Economics with Arnaud Reynaud and at UPF with Libertad Gonzalez.
- President of Periodo Solidario, an NGO that works to improve women's livelihoods by promoting menstrual education and sustainable menstrual products in Spain and Eastern Africa.
View Antonio's GitHub profile.
Prof Steve Gibbons
Prof Olmo Silva
View Antonio's CV.