The Cost of Cloud Expertise report was developed by Rackspace to explore the importance of expertise to an organisation’s cloud evolution and the impact the current technical skills gap is having on businesses.
More than 950 IT decision makers and 950 IT pros from across the globe were surveyed to better understand the barriers to increasing cloud usage, the impact this has on innovation and business growth, and the skills organisations require to compete in our technologically driven world.
The study yielded the following findings:
- Organisations are losing revenue due to a cloud expertise deficiency
- IT decision makers are struggling to keep pace with the cloud
- Shortage of cloud expertise is holding businesses back
- There’s significant competition for the best cloud talent
- IT pros stuck operating, not innovating
- Most IT decision makers say return on investment (ROI) has increased with managed services