Fellow of the British Academy and Academic Governor of the LSE. Educated at St Edmund Hall, Oxford; Girton College Cambridge; and LSE. Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW); Associate member of the UK Chartered Institute of Taxation; and Honorary Fellow of the Institute for Risk Management (IRM). Has held visiting fellowships at the Institute for Advanced Study, Berlin and at All Souls College, Oxford. Honorary Doctorate in Economics, University of St Gallen, Switzerland, 2009; Honorary Doctorate in Social Science, University of Uppsala, Sweden, 2013; Honorary Doctor of Economics, Turku University, 2016. Former Director of the Centre for the Analysis of Risk and Regulation (CARR) at LSE and holder of a number of advisory and external non-executive roles in the financial services sector.
- Values and valuation processes in organizations
- The causes and social consequences of auditability, transparency and accountability
- The role of external and internal auditing in corporate governance
- Internal control systems, operational risk management, errors and risk reporting
- Financial regulation and financial reporting
- Organizations, regulation and standardization
- Full CV