The wellbeing of our Statistics community is paramount and our flexible approach to teaching and learning will ensure an excellent education while student experience continues safely for all. We are committed to sustaining our openness as we shape the world in partnership with students, staff and friends of our Department in the academic year ahead.
The Department of Statistics in loacted in Columbia House on LSE campus.
- All members of our administrative team are working from home to ensure we minimise the spread of the virus and to keep everyone safe, especially our students. Both the Undergraduate common and MSc study rooms are now open to students!
- All office hours will be held in person on campus for MT 2021 and are bookable via the Student Hub.
- Anyone coming to campus must self-monitor for symptoms and stay at home if they have potentially been exposed to COVID-19 or have had any symptoms over the past two weeks. Anyone with symptoms should self-isolate and get tested for Coronavirus. For further guidance on symptoms and related matters please see this NHS page.
- If you test positive for COVID-19 you must self-isolate as per the NHS guidance and report your symptoms to the School via its track and trace system as soon as possible.
- To keep the entire community safe, well and supported the School has developed LSE Trace. This is the School’s track, trace and isolate programme. We ask you to take a minute to read about it which aims to prevent, protect and minimise the risk of COVID-19 across our community.
- All members of the LSE community will be asked to complete a quick check-in once a week to let LSE know how you are and if you or anyone in your household has developed coronavirus symptoms or had a positive test.
- If you develop COVID-19 symptoms or if you test positive for COVID-19 in between the wellness check-ins, you’ll need to report your symptoms and/or test result to LSE.
- To ensure we’re keeping students in halls of residence and our community on campus safe, we’ve strengthened our testing procedure for anyone coming on to campus. Staff and students must continue to get tested twice a week in order to come to campus, even if you have received a COVID vaccine. Book a free test at LSE's on-campus COVID-19 Test Centre.
From 24 May 2021, LSE has now introduced home testing.
Students and staff will have the option to pick up home testing kits from our testing centre and take them when convenient for you, without the need to book a testing slot, in a two-week transition beginning 24 May.
Although we encourage you to use home testing kits, the testing centre on campus will still be open in a limited capacity for you to do a test onsite while supervised by a nurse (or in certain circumstances, get tested by the nurse) and the results processed on-site, if you would prefer.
- We value your opinion and we always welcome your views and comments. We look forward to hearing about your experience at the Department. Please use the feedback form to submit any comments and we will get back to you as soon as we can.