Coming to an event at LSE? Take a look at our tips below to reduce your carbon footprint.
- Travel to LSE by public transport, cycling or walking.
- Bring a reusable water bottle and fill up using one of our water fountains on campus.
If you would like to purchase a hot drink prior to an event, LSE's catering outlets have a 25p levy on single use coffee cups so bring along your own reusable to avoid this charge. Some of the LSE catering outlets sell KeepCups with your first drink free with the initial sale of the cup. Please note, hot drinks are not allowed in the theatres so please ensure you consume before attending the event.
- When purchasing a hot drink from an LSE catering outlet, do consider non-dairy milks where possible.
- Don't print out your ticket, show us your e-ticket on your mobile device instead.
- Recycle any waste using the numerous recycling bins provided all across campus.
Watching one of our online events? There are also ways you can reduce your carbon footprint at home when watching one of our events.
- Watch using a laptop/MacBook instead of a desktop computer. Using a desktop computer with screen has a carbon footprint 25 times that of a 13-inch MacBook.
LSE Events is proud to have received a bronze award in the 2023 Green Impact Programme!