Key learning outcomes include achieving a deep understanding of the relevant debates and differing perspectives on the key issues below, as well as developing the analytical skills and building in-depth empirical knowledge to formulate independent and coherent views on these issues.
• How has the unprecedented monetary and fiscal response since the crisis impacted advanced economies, China, and emerging market and developing economies in Asia and beyond?
• Has the crisis response sowed the seeds for another financial bubble?
• Can China avoid a financial crisis following its ongoing credit boom?
• How will continued economic weakness and financial fragility in advanced economies affect China and emerging market and developing countries in Asia and beyond?
• How has China and Asia’s place in the international financial and monetary systems been transformed since the crisis?
• Why does financial vulnerability persist despite (or because of) new regulatory measures?
• How can emerging and developing economies in Asia and beyond best respond to the perils and opportunities arising from international financial integration?
• Are current global macroeconomic imbalances sustainable and what are the implications for Asia and the international monetary system?
• How has the practice of central banking changed since the crisis?