LSE has formed a partnership with CHESICC (China Higher Education Student Information and Career Center) to receive verified transcript and proof of qualification information from Chinese universities. If one or more of your qualifications is from a Chinese university, you must submit your verified documents in this way. There is a fee for this service.
Please note that the CHESICC requirement acts as official proof of your documents, but your offer can be made unconditional before we receive it. Please see "What is the difference between a conditional and unconditional offer" on page 12 of the Offer Pack. We can also issue your CAS before we receive your official CHESICC documents.
The documents we need to be verified via CHESICC are:
- Your transcript
- Your degree certificate
- Qualification verification report
Delivering verified CHESICC reports to LSE through Digitary
Before applying for your reports, you must have your individual LSE application ID number. You will find the number on your acknowledgement email or offer email/letter. You will need your number when requesting your documents through the CHSI Website.
Applying for and delivering your CHESICC reports to LSE is a simple online process:
STEP 1 – LOG IN TO THE CHSI WEBSITE
1. For Chinese applicants, please use “Name” + “Chinese ID Number” to register your CHSI Archive, and then check your information of student record (for those who have not completed their studies) or higher education qualification certificate (for those who have already graduated).
CHSI Archive link:
2. Please use the same Chinese ID number as filled in your CHSI Archive when you apply for university transcript verification report and other reports via the application link:
STEP 2 – APPLY FOR YOUR REPORT(S)
We require official verification of your university-level study. If you have already graduated, you should apply for your College Transcript, Degree Certificate and Qualification Verification Report. If you have not yet graduated, for example if you transferred to a different programme after completing one or two years' study, you should apply for your College Transcript and your Higher Education Student Record.
To apply for your College Transcript:
- Apply for a Paper report through Online Application
- Once CHESICC has verified this report with your Chinese University, which may take up to three weeks, it will be converted to PDF for secure delivery to LSE via the CHSI Website.
- CHESICC will notify you by SMS when your reports are ready (usually after about 20 business days).
Please note that if you have not yet finished your qualification, once your final results are available, you will need to apply for a follow up report of your final transcript and proof of qualification to fulfil any offer conditions. An additional verification fee will be payable.
To apply for your Higher Education Student Record:
Log in to the CHSI Website, choose “Online Verification Report of Higher Education Qualification Certificate”, and click “Apply”;
- Select the English language version.
To apply for your Degree Certificate/Qualification Verification Report:
- Log in to the CHSI Website, choose “Online Verification Report”, and click “Apply”;
- Select the English language version.
- Apply for a Paper report through Online Application;
- Once CHESICC has verified this report with your Chinese University, which may take up to three weeks, it will be converted to PDF for secure delivery to LSE via the CHSI Website;
- CHESICC will notify you by SMS when your report(s) are ready.
STEP 3 – DELIVER YOUR REPORT(S) TO LSE
- When your report(s) are ready, log in to CHSI Archive and click "International Cooperative Application"
- Click "Send report"
- Select "Foreign Universities", "England" and "LSE" from the drop-down list.
- Click “Pay for the transmission fee” to enter your payment details, your payment confirmation will be presented shortly afterwards;
- Enter the requested personal details including your LSE application ID
- Select the report(s) that you wish to send to us (College Transcript, Degree Certificate and either Qualification Verification Report or Higher Education Student Record);
- Confirm your information and selected reports, click on the “Deliver” button. Delivery is almost instant;
- You will not be charged again for transmission of your documents to LSE if you have already paid and the follow up is within the year.
If you require assistance, please contact the CHESICC help desk at the following telephone numbers: 010-61139132, 62166727, 62169223
Will I need CHESICC?
- If you are at the Chinese campus of a UK institution, and your whole degree will be awarded by the UK institution, you will not require CHESICC verification.
- If you have studied on a 2+2 or 3+1 programme with the latter part of study in the UK, you may need CHESICC verification. If the part of your qualification undertaken in China is not included on your final transcript issued by your UK institution, you will need to request CHESICC verification for the China part of your study.
- If you think you meet either of the above scenarios and feel that you have been asked incorrectly for a CHESICC report, you may contact us to request a waiver.