The School of Public Policy's Alumni Symposium will take place in the Alumni Theatre, in the New Academic Building from 11.00am on Saturday 15 June, 2019.
We are very much looking forward to welcoming our MPA, Executive MPA, and Executive MPP alumni back to campus. There will be plenty of opportunities to catch up with your classmates and faculty, to meet fellow alumni from across the years and all three of our academic programmes as well as a chance to see our new academic home, the Centre Building, which includes the LSE Alumni Centre on its ground floor.
The symposium, an event exclusively for our alumni community, will include a keynote speech by Professor Andrés Velasco and several panels. Tickets include access to all panels as well as lunch, refreshments and the evening drinks reception. You can buy your tickets via LSE's e-shop. Please note, ticket sales will close at midnight on Wednesday 12 June, 2019.
Below is the schedule for the Alumni Symposium.
11.00am: Welcome and tea/coffee
11.30am-12.30pm: The role of experts in a changing world
The keynote speech by Professor Andrés Velasco
1.30-2.45pm: The Policy Implications of Brexit (Panel 1)
- Jeegar Kakkad (MPA 2005) Chief Economist & Director of Policy at the ADS Group
- Marco Scandelin (EMPA 2015) International Relations Officer at the European Molecular Biology Laboratory
- Dana Elman Vishkin (MPA 2016) Senior Policy Advisor for Innovation, Enterprise and International Trade at the Federation of Small Businesses
- Darren Hughes (EMPA 2017) Chief Executive of the Electoral Reform Society
- Professor Tony Travers (Chair) Associate Dean of LSE's School of Public Policy
2.45-3.45pm: Cities and Climate Change in a Globalising World (Panel 2)
3.45-4.00pm: Tea and coffee
4.00-5.15pm: How Will Technology Change Public Policy? (Panel 3)
- Andrea Siodmok (EMPP 2018) Head of the Policy Lab at the Cabinet Office UK
- Noor Sajid (MPA 2015) PhD student at UCL
- Dennis Keller (MPA 2012) VP of Commercial and Business Development at OmiseGO
- Dr Simon Bastow (Chair) Assistant Professorial Lecturer, School of Public Policy
5.15-6.45pm: School of Public Policy's Evening Reception
6.45pm: End of event
Chelsea Phipps (MPA 2018), Deedee Mitchell (MPA 2015) and Katya Selvestru (MPA 2018) are co-leading the School of Public Policy's London Alumni Chapter. They have very helpfully started a list of our London based alumni who are happy to host those of you who will travel from afar to attend the SPP Alumni Symposium. Please email Chelsea if you would be interested in exploring this as an accommodation option.
Guests are welcome to attend the Symposium's evening recetion. Register for their tickets via this webpage.