There will be Orientation Meetings for each programme with the IR Department that take place on Thursday 21 and Friday 22 September 2017. Here you will meet the Programme Directors for the undergraduate and postgraduate degrees.
- BSc IR (first year undergraduates):
Thurs 21 Sept 13.00-14.00, New Academic Building, Thai Theatre
- BSc IR Year 2 Re-orientation:
Thurs 21 Sept 10.00-11.00, Tower 2, Room 2.04
- BSc IR Year 3 Re-orientation:
Thurs 21 Sept 11.00-12.00, New Academic Building, Thai Theatre
- General Course:
Thurs 21 Sept 15.00-16.00, 32 Lincoln's Inn Fields, Room LG.04
- MSc IR:
Thurs 21 Sept 13.30-14.30, Tower 1, Room G.01
- MSc IPE (International Political Economy)/MSc IPE Research:
Thurs 21 Sept 12.00-13.00, Clement House, Room 2.02
- SPDD (Sciences Po-LSE Double Degree in Affaires Internationales and IR/IPE): Thurs 21 Sept 09.00-09.30, New Academic Building, Room 1.15
DD students should also attend the MSc IR or MSc IPE meetings above, depending on their choice of programme.
- (Overview of) Relevant Courses offered by the Methodology Department (open to MSc and PhD students)::
Friday 22 September 10.00-10.20, Clement House, Room 6.02
Dr David Hendry will give a short talk about available courses, workshops and other support that the Methodology Department provide.
- MSc IR Theory (IRT) and MSc IR Research:
Friday 22 Sept 10.20-11.30, Clement House, Room 6.02
- (Overview of) Student Wellbeing Service (SWS) (open to all IR students):
Friday 22 Sept 11.30-11.45, Clement House, Room 6.02
- (Overview of) Opportunities with LSE Careers Service (open to all IR students):
Friday 22 Sept 12.00-12.30, Clement House, Room 6.02
- (Overview of) Opportunities with the Widening Participation Team (open to all IR students):
Friday 22 Sept 12.30-13.00, Clement House, Room 6.02
- Research (new students only):
Friday 22 Sept 15.00-16.30, Clement House Room 2.06
There will also be an IR Start-of-Session Undergraduate Party on Monday 25 September 2017 and an IR Start-of-Session Postgraduate Party on Thursday 28 September 2017, both from 18.00-20.00. You will be notified of venue details.
VISIT THE IR COMMON ROOM (7TH FLOOR, CLEMENT HOUSE) BETWEEN 10am AND 4pm ON 21-22 SEPTEMBER 2017 TO COLLECT YOUR FREE IR HOODIE (BRING YOUR ID!), FIND OUT MORE ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT, SIGN UP TO THE NEWSLETTER AND LEARN ABOUT OUR UPCOMING EVENTS!
It is important to attend your orientation meeting as the structure of your course and administrative arrangements will be explained at this time. BSc, GC and some MSc appointments with Academic Advisers will be scheduled for the afternoon of Thursday 21 September and for Friday 22 September 2017, so we would be grateful if you could keep your diary free on those days. If your Academic Adviser is unable to meet with you on the Thursday or Friday, they will contact you directly to make alternative arrangements.