Fill out the recommendation form to request:
- new titles
- important books that aren't available
- additional copies of essential readings on taught courses.
If you need to quickly consult one chapter of a book, obtain a single journal article or trace out of print material you might want to use Interlending services rather than make a recommendation for purchase.
Visiting other libraries
You could also visit one of the many other libraries in London as you may find you can get what you need from one of them. Senate House Library in particular is good to sign up to as all LSE staff and students will get access to their electronic collections that they can use wherever they are. Use Library Hub Discover to search across other libraries collections.
What can I expect if I fill out the recommendation form?
We don't purchase everything we are asked for as some material is out of scope of our collections, or too expensive for us. We will consider all requests though and let you know what our decision is.
- We aim to respond to your suggestion within 48hrs.
- When we purchase an ebook we aim to provide you access within 1 week.
- If we purchase a printed book the process will take 4+ weeks.
- When the material arrives we will let you know by email.