Paulius is an alumnus of the PhD programme at the Department of Psychological and Behavioural Science, and is the current Managing Director of the Center for Social Norms and Behavioral Dynamics at the University of Pennsylvania.
Paulius also co-founded and acted as Managing Partner of the Behavioural Lab LT (Lithuania), an international network of experts and local leaders promoting the application of behavioural insights to policy and industry challenges (one of the first of its kind in Easter Europe). His experience also includes posts as external consultant to the International Labour Organization (U.N. Agency), as Manager of the National Behavioural Change Strategy for Public Servants at the Colombian Government, and as Research Assistant for the former Mayor of Bogotá, Antanas Mockus.
His research focuses on social norm interventions to inform policy and organizational challenges, Installation Theory interventions, and civic culture. As a Visiting Fellow, he is working mainly on the #NotOK initiative, a participatory action-research project that aims to promote public debate and potential solutions to change social norms around intimate partner violence in Lithuania.
Paulius is a member of the SEBE Research Lab and the Global Association of Applied Behavioral Scientists, an Associate Fellow of the UK Higher Education Academy, and a member of the Global Lithuanian Leaders Network.
- Science Scholarship, Marius Jakulis Jason Foundation, 2019.
- Knowledge Exchange and Impact Funding, LSE Department of Psychological and Behavioural Science, 2018-2020.
- PhD Small Grant, LSE Marshall Institute for Philanthropy and Social Entrepreneurship, 2017-2018.
- LSE PhD Studentship, London School of Economics and Political Science, 2016-2020.
- Novagob Excellence Prize for behavioural interventions at the Departamento Administrativo de la Función Pública, 2016.
- Leadership for Bogotá Scholarship, Universidad de los Andes (Colombia), 2014.
- Academic Distinction and Distinction Thesis - M.A. in Cultural Studies, Goldsmiths College, University of London, 2012.
- Summa Cum Laude degree and Honour Thesis - B.A. in Anthropology, Universidad de los Andes (Colombia), 2011.