The Department of Mathematics is a vibrant intellectual community, comprising excellent students (BSc, MSc and PhD), world-leading faculty, experienced professional services staff, and high-achieving alumni. We offer a supportive and friendly environment in which everyone can fulfil their potential. Read more about us.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI)
LSE is committed to improving equity and diversity across the School. LSE featured in Stonewall’s ‘Top 100 Employers 2019’ list. It has recently submitted an institutional Athena SWAN application. There are many supportive staff networks within the School.
Here in the Department of Mathematics we have a strong commitment to promote Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. For example:
- we have an active EDI Committee with staff and student members.
- we have a dedicated EDI Officer in the Department.
- we are a family-friendly Department, aware and supportive of those with caring responsibilities.
- we are working towards a Departmental Athena SWAN application.
- staff are encouraged to participate in staff network groups within LSE and external organisations.
- wwe run regular Women in Mathematics seminars for all our staff and students to promote and enable discussions for women in STEM subjects.
Read more about the Department’s EDI policies.
Rewards and Benefits
The Department of Mathematics offers a challenging and rewarding work environment with many opportunities for professional development as well as great benefits including generous annual leave.
We are currently hiring for an Assistant Professor in Mathematics, specialising in the Mathematics of Game Theory!
Deadline for applications is Monday 11 January 2021.