- Content: Flexible, including preliminary research findings, position papers and policy briefs.
- Length: Academic papers should be no more than 8000 words, including a 250 word abstract and footnotes. Policy briefs may be shorter, around 2000 words.
- Structure: to include an abstract. Headings and subheadings are encouraged.
- Style: Academic or policy oriented, but accessible to the non-specialist reader and carefully grounded in scholarly literature where appropriate.
- References: Sequentially numbered footnotes. The series uses Chicago style, it would therefore be preferable if authors used this format; there is no need to provide a separate bibliography.
- Review: Papers will be reviewed by two members of the LSE Women, Peace and Security Working Paper Series editorial board.
- Publication: Papers will be published in PDF on the LSE Women, Peace and Security website and LSE Research Online, with a limited print run.
- Public engagement: Authors are encouraged to write a post (750-1200 words) for the Centre for Women, Peace and Security blog to introduce their paper to a wider audience.
Submissions should be sent by email only to email@example.com.
Submissions must be in a Word document (not PDF), including the title, the names of the author(s), email address for correspondence, abstract with keywords, and the month and year of submission.