Home > Study > Information for international students > Visas and immigration


How to contact us

International Student Visa Advice Team

Student Services Centre

London School of Economics and Political Science




Online Query Form


Follow us @LSE_ISVAT


Why not give us your feedback?

Visa information for prospective students

16_0364 ISVAT Banner


This section of the website provides information if you are a new student applying for immigration permission. 


Immigration updates

Information on changes to the immigration rules and services for applicants.

Tier 4 visa

How to make a Tier 4 visa application

Prepare to make a successful Tier 4 application by reading our cohort specific advice written for your level of study at LSE.

London Skyline with St Pauls

Non-Tier 4 Immigration Routes

Choose the correct tab for advice on:

  • If you already have a UK visa
  • Applying for a Short-term Student visa
  • Immigration options for Executive Master Students
  • Immigration options for the Summer School
  • Immigration options for the Language Centre

Registering with the police

Information for nationals who have to register with the police within seven days of arriving in the UK.

School child

Your Family's Immigration

Find out about the rules for working while in the UK as a full time student.

Graduating student with family

Working During Your Studies

Find out about the rules for working while in the UK as a full time student.

e-mail student

Working After Your Studies

Information for current students which summarises schemes that allow you to work in the UK after you complete your studies.