This scheme is open to all applicants for diploma and taught master's study, with the exception of those undertaking specific modular or executive programmes such as the MSc Finance (Part time), the MSc Health Economics, Policy and Management and the MSc International Strategy and Diplomacy.
Double degree students are also eligible for the GSS for their time at LSE - please refer to the information in the 'GSS for double degree programmes' section.
Points of note
1. GSS awards are intended to supplement funding already secured or expected, and not to provide a full funding package to applicants.
2. Attempts to secure financial support from other sources (eg help from household, non-LSE scholarships, government awards, loans, etc) are therefore viewed very favourably.
3. Your chances of securing an award will increase if you provide as much information as possible about your individual financial situation.
4. Concealing information or being dishonest normally only disadvantages an applicant. This is because we can only assess if we are able to assist an applicant, and the appropriate level of an award, if we have a full picture of an applicant's financial situation.
5. Because of the large numbers of applicants applying, the means test threshold is set at a particularly low level.
6. Access to the online application will be provided once you have submitted your applciation for admission.
Graduate Support Scheme award conditions
More Frequently asked questions