If you want to move to a different room in your hall or another LSE hall, you need to find a suitable student to swap with. We allow swaps after the first two weeks of Michaelmas Term and up until 22 April each year.
Who can use this form?
Students in LSE halls and Sidney Webb House.
To start the swapping process you need to:
- Check that it's two weeks into Michaelmas term and no later than 22 April.
- Download and print the accommodation swap form [PDF].
- Get it signed by the wardens and managers/administrators (in both halls, if applicable).
- Pay the £50 administration fee (each of you will be charged).
- Return the completed form to the Residential Services Office at least three days before the swap.
- You may also need to complete a new inventory and next of kin form (your hall will let you know).
Room swap FAQ
Q: What if I'm in Lilian Knowles House or an urbanest or University of London hall? You can't use this form to swap rooms with another student if one or both of you are in a non-LSE hall. If both of you live in a hall with the same provider, the local reception staff will be able to tell you if and how you can swap.
Q: What if I live in a non-LSE hall and want to swap with someone in an LSE hall? We will try to accommodate the request, but you need to have permission from your hall first. You can only swap with someone suitable for your hall and room. Please contact us for advice first.
Q: Can I swap into a room that's currently empty?
No, vacant rooms are reserved for students who don't yet live in halls.