If you want to move out of your hall early, you have to let us know by submitting an early leaver form. There are two forms to choose from, one for term-time and one for the summer vacation period.
Term-time early leaver form
Use this form if you want to leave on or before 21 April 2017. The earlier we receive your form, the higher the chances of us finding someone to take over your contract.
Who can use this form?
Students in LSE halls or Sidney Webb House.
Submit this form until 20 April 2018 (or later, if you find your own replacement)
After this date, we won't be able to find a replacement on your behalf as demand for accommodation is too low. You can try to find an eligible student yourself. If you have found someone, contact us. We'll check their circumstances, and if approved, arrange the details of the move.
Who can't use this form?
If you live at Lilian Knowles House, UoL or urbanest halls, speak to your local reception team what to do if you want to move out. You won't be able to use this form.
Summer early leaver form - Butler's Wharf Residence
Use this form if you're staying in Butler's Wharf Residence and want to leave your room on or within a week before 10 June 2017. The earlier you submit this form, the higher the chances of us finding someone to take over your contract.
Submit this form until: 2 May 2018 (or later, if you find your own replacement)
After this date, we won't be able to find a replacement on your behalf as demand is too low. You can still try to find an eligible student yourself. We'll check their circumstances, and if approved, arrange the details of the move.
What happens after you've submitted an early leaver form?
1. We confirm receipt of your request to leave.
2. We'll notify your hall.
3. If you're deferring your studies or leaving LSE, we'll verify your final date of study with the Registry.
4. We start looking for a replacement student to take over your contract. This may take some time and we can't guarantee that we'll find someone.
5. If we've found someone, we'll contact you to confirm details and add a £75 early leaver fee to your account.
6. You'll need to remove all your belongings from your room and hand in all keys by 10am on the agreed departure date.
7. We'll refund your deposit (minus any charges for damages) after you have moved out.
- If you are leaving LSE or deferring your studies, we only hold you liable for 28 days after the date of your departure. If we find someone earlier, you will get a refund for any extra nights you have already paid for, from the date that your replacement accepts your room.
- We may need to access your room for viewings.
- We may only give you 24 hours notice to vacate your room.
- Hand in your keys when you leave. If you don't we'll continue to charge you for the room, even if you've interrupted your studies or the 28 days liability period has passed.
- If we find someone to take up your room, we'll add a £75 early leaver fee to your account.
- We'll refund your deposit minus any charges for damages after you have moved out.
- If you change your mind, tell us straight away. Withdrawing your early leaver request may only be possible before we have re-sold your room.
Full details are on the Early leaver form information [PDF]