- Programme typeOn campus open programme
- LocationOn campus
- Start date3 Jun 2024 - Open
- Duration1 week, full-time
- DepartmentDepartment of Management
It has never been more important to make the right strategic decisions.
More than ever, we are facing the challenge of making decisions under uncertainty against the backdrop of external factors that we cannot control or predict. But how do you assess viable alternatives and trade-offs clearly and with confidence? How can you be sure that one course of action is better than another when the stakes are high?
This immersive, highly interactive programme gives you the analytical and intuitive tools – the decision mindware – to analyse, frame and model decisions with multiple objectives and uncertainties. You emerge prepared to assess the performance of different strategies and choose high-value options. And navigate the complexity and deep uncertainty of the current context with clarity and confidence – for today and tomorrow.
A transformational learning experience for you. Immediate impact for your organisation.
- Introducing strategic decision making: Framing decision problems and modelling strategic and fundamental objectives
- Modelling strategic priorities: Modelling uncertainties and risks, assessing and creating strategic options
- How to think about decisions: Thinking about objectives and preferences, uncertainties, risks and options
- Improving organisational decision making: Bringing it all together and taking it back to your organisation
How you learn
Strategic Decision Making for Management is a highly interactive and hands-on learning experiences that expertly integrates theory, concept and practice. You develop a deep understanding of the science behind analytical and intuitive decision making, while simultaneously experiencing your learning through behavioural simulations, role-playing, framing and modelling decisions and communicating the results. The programme gives you exposure to the latest thinking in decision making, as well as decision making in the real-world context through organisation-based case studies. You emerge with the knowledge and the practical skills and tools to make strategic decisions with clarity and confidence to deliver impact that is both immediate and enduring.
View the provisional programme timetable below:
Join our mailing list
Sign up to get more information about Strategic Decision Making for Management
- Executives across every department of the organisation charged with making business-critical decisions.
- Managers who will be in leadership positions in the future.
- Anyone dealing with important decisions, either in private or public organisations, as well as small enterprises.
- Anyone intrigued by the fascinating field of decision making and wishing to develop their confidence and decision-readiness in these uncertain times.
"Some of the principles I learned are already coming into the framework of my day-to-day – I’ve started to stop and think during my decision-making process, balancing strong solutions with strategic objectives."
At LSE we understand the complex interconnectedness of the challenges facing our world. As Europe’s foremost social science university, we know that it is only by managing this interconnectedness that you can secure sustainability and success in business. All of our world-class programmes are enriched by our renowned, interdisciplinary expertise. They integrate the understanding of economics, finance, social science and the interplay between disciplines that underscore business in our modern world. You emerge with a fully rounded understanding, and the leading-edge strategic tools to navigate complexity and spearhead meaningful change.
The programme is taught by:
Dr Barbara Fasolo
Associate Professor of Behavioural Science
Dr Umar Taj
Associate Professor in Behavioural Science
The Department of Management at LSE is a world-class centre for research and education in business and management, that draws fully on the LSE tradition of inter-disciplinary academic excellence. Ranked #2 worldwide for business and management by the QS World University Rankings 2019, the department informs and inspires the very best in management in practice by challenging and enhancing understanding of people, teams, organisations and markets, as well as the economic, psychological, social, political and technological contexts in which they operate worldwide.
Fees and entry requirements
October 2023: Fully Booked
June 2024 Tuition fee: £7,950
This covers all tuition, course materials, daily lunches and networking events. You will receive an LSE certificate of completion at the end of the course.
All LSE executive education participants are required to have:
- Fluency in English.
- A good undergraduate degree or significant work experience in a relevant role(s).
- Minimum five years’ professional experience. Typically our participants have more than ten years’ work experience, but we will consider those with less experience who have enjoyed an accelerated career path to a senior level.