Submit this form by 19 April 2019
After this date, we won't be able to find a replacement on your behalf as demand for accommodation is too low. You can try to find an eligible student yourself. If you have found someone, contact us. We'll check their circumstances, and if approved, arrange the details of the move.
Who can't use this form?
If you live at Lilian Knowles House, UoL or urbanest halls, speak to your local reception team what to do if you want to move out. You won't be able to use this form.
This form is not available after 19 April. If you're leaving early after 19 April, please submit a room check-out notice instead.
What happens after you've submitted an early leaver form?
1. We confirm receipt of your request to leave.
2. We'll notify your hall.
3. If you're withdrawing from LSE or interrupting your studies, we'll verify your final date of study with the Registry.
4. We start looking for a replacement student to take over your contract. This may take some time and we can't guarantee that we'll find someone.
5. If we've found someone, we'll contact you to confirm details and add a £75 early leaver fee to your account.
6. You'll need to remove all your belongings from your room and hand in all keys by 10am on the agreed departure date.
7. We'll recalculate your accommodation fees liability based on the revised end date of your contract. Any overpaid fees will be refunded to you (minus any charges for damages).
- If you're withdrawing from LSE or interrupting your studies, we only hold you liable for 28 days after the date of your departure. If we find someone earlier, you will get a refund for any extra nights you have already paid for, from the date that your replacement accepts your room.
- We may need to access your room for viewings.
- We may only give you 24 hours notice to vacate your room.
- Hand in your keys when you leave. If you don't we'll continue to charge you for the room, even if you've interrupted your studies or the 28 days liability period has passed.
- If we find someone to take up your room, we'll add a £75 early leaver fee to your account.
- We'll recalculate your accommodation fees liability based on the revised end date of your contract. Any overpaid fees will be refunded to you (minus any charges for damages).
- If you change your mind, tell us straight away. Withdrawing your early leaver request may only be possible before we have re-sold your room.
Full details are on the Early leaver form information [PDF]