What can I ask for?
Just tell us what you need and we will do our best to add it to our collection, or get it from another library.
All items will be in digital format only at this time.
We can get you:
- an ebook, article or single chapter from a book
- an electronic version of something we only have in print, if available
How to tell us about an ebook, article or chapter you want
1. Find out as much as possible about the item.
2. Sign in to your Library account.
3. Select the 'GET IT FOR ME' option in the site navigation.
4. Fill out the online form with your request details.
5. Monitor progress through your Library Account, under the Requests tab.
6. We'll email you with more information or a link to the item.
How to speed things up
- Chapters are available for rapid delivery if you submit the chapter title, number, or page range into the form.
- Be specific and accurate with what you want so we can work out the quickest way to get it for you.
- Copyright law allows only one article or chapter from a journal or book. Request the whole item if you want more.
Interlending services for external libraries
We can currently only supply electronic copies of articles or chapters. Email any requests to firstname.lastname@example.org providing the following information:
- Your British Library Billing Code
- Request reference
- Your request details (Title, Author etc.)
- Your British Library Location Code
Renewals and returns for external libraries
We are renewing all items currently on loan until 31 Oct 2021. We are accepting returns, but as the team continues to work remotely, please email us to confirm any sent.
Fees for external libraries
We charge current British Library prices.