LSE Summer School for UoL-EMFSS Students
Guidance for EMFSS students on credit transfer and the 15% tuition fee discount
Summer School attracts participants from across the world and is a highly popular option with students on the University of London programmes with academic direction from LSE. In 2023, more than 100 EMFSS students attended, representing 25 UoL Teaching Centres and a wide range of nationalities.
Why attend Summer School as an EMFSS student?
- Earn credit towards your EMFSS degree
- Benefit from a 15% tuition fee discount
- Learn from leading LSE faculty
- Explore London with new friends from across the world
- Enhance your career prospects through Summer School’s Spark events
Above: Students and staff celebrating at the Summer School - EMFSS Reception
LSE Summer School for Credit
Each Summer School course is equivalent to 15 EMFSS credits. You can earn up to 30 EMFSS credits (equivalent to one full EMFSS course) by passing two Summer School courses.
If you choose to transfer credit, your Summer School mark(s) will be carried across to your UoL record and count towards your final classification. Please note: you can attend Summer School without opting to transfer credit towards your EMFSS degree.
How to check if you are eligible for credit transfer
To be eligible for credit transfer, you must take Summer School courses that fit with the structure and requirements of your EMFSS degree. You would also need to achieve a Pass grade (‘C’ or higher) in your course(s).
You will need to have your Summer School course choice(s) approved by the EMFSS Programmes Team by following the steps below.
Please note: if you have already applied to Summer School and completed the EMFSS Summer School credit form, you can disregard the below steps.
- Identify the Summer School courses you are interested in.
- Read the EMSS Summer School credit transfer guidance to see if the courses are suitable.
- Complete the EMFSS - Summer School notification form to notify LSE of your course selection. (A link to this form is also provided within the Summer School application form. There is no need to submit the form twice unless you change your course choice.)
- On receiving the form, LSE’s EMFSS Programme Management Team will review your course selection and confirm if you are eligible to receive credit.
- You should expect a response within five working days of submitting the form, after which you can complete and submit your Summer School application.
What are the tuition fees for LSE Summer School 2024?
All EMFSS students and alumni are eligible for a 15% tuition fee discount, as reflected in the table below.
Number of sessions
EMFSS student rate
EMFSS graduate rate
You may also be interested in further guidance on LSE Summer School fees.