Spanish: Level Five (Standard)
This information is for the 2017/18 session.
Mr Rafael Penas Cruz TW3 6.01 H
Student have previously learnt...see description of "Communicative content" of Level 4 ft (LN803). Admission into the course upon completion of online level test and tutor's approval during the needs analysis session. Student profile: Students should be motivated to study and research independently.
- To attain competence in a broad range of complex and non-routine tasks in a variety of contexts.
- To extend the ability to use Spanish effectively for purposes of general communication in a great variety of academic, social and work-related contexts.
- To develop a high degree of linguistic independence and flexibility in Spanish.
- To understand and analyse complex texts.
- To establish specific linguistic skills and strategies required to communicate in Spanish speaking countries at an advanced.
- To bring the students to level C1 of CEFR.
- Communication in the workplace, everyday situations.
- Logical argumentation. Issues of group dynamic.
- Reading and summarising complex texts from various newspapers and journals.
- Processing information about issues of culture and society and visual media in Spanish-speaking countries.
- Talking about a variety of texts, e.g. literary, journalistic, academic etc.
- Talking about cultural and social events.
- Understanding and using complex and authentic language.
- Leading a discussion: expressing an opinion, agreement, disagreement.
- Exchanging specific information.
Structural content: Contextualised revision of structural content of LN803
8 hours of classes in the MT. 11 hours of classes in the LT. 1 hour of classes in the ST.
This is a 20 hour-course. Please refer to the LSE timetable for course teaching arrangements.
Continuous assessment (70%) in the MT and LT.
Oral examination (30%) in the LT.
Department: Language Studies
Total students 2016/17: 5
Average class size 2016/17: 5