If you wish to publish non HTML pages to your website eg images, PDFs etc, you will first need to import each page into a folder within your FrontPage Web. If the page has been sent to you in an email attachment, first save the attachment to your desktop temporarily. Once the page has been imported safely you can delete it from your desktop.
- In FrontPage, open the folder to which you wish to import the page.
- Select File > Import from the main toolbar.
- When the Import window appears, click the Add File button.
- Locate the file(s) to be imported. If you saved the file to your desktop it will be the first option in the drop down list
- Select the required file(s).
- Click the Open button - the page won't open, instead it will now appear on the list of files to be imported.
- Click OK.
- The page should now appear in the folder you selected. If you don't see it, click on the refresh icon.
- You will probably need to rename the page in line with best practice, to eliminate any blank spaces between words.
- The new page is now ready to be linked to from one of your pages and it will publish to the live server on the hour in the usual way.
^ Back to top