Geopolitics and the Global South: Challenges of the Emerging Order
Date: Friday 16 January 2015 9AM to 5.30PM
Location: Shaw Library, 6th floor Old Building
Opening Keynote Address: President Ricardo Lagos, former President of Chile (2000-2006)
Closing Keynote Address: H.E. José María Aznar, Former President of the Government of Spain
Speakers (in order of appearance):
- Chris Alden, Director of the Global South Unit
- Stuart Corbridge, Deputy Director of the LSE
- Enrique García, President of CAF
- Ambassador H.H.S Viswanathan, Observer Research Foundation India.
- Professor Zhongying Pang, Renmin University of China (RUC)
- Professor Didier Opertti Badán, Former Foreign Minister of Uruguay
- Dan Restrepo, Former Special Assistant to the President and Senior Director for Western
- Hemisphere Affairs, National Security Council
- Professor Maxine Molyneux, Institute of the Americas, UCL
- Jose Antonio Ocampo, director of the Economic and Political Development Concentration in the School of International and Public Affairs, Columbia University
- Harinder Kohli, President Emerging Markets Forum
- Jean-Louis Ekra, President and Chairman of the African Import-Export Bank
- Professor Matias Spektor, Fundación Getulio Vargas and CAF-LSE Fellow 2014
- Guillermo Fernandez de Soto, Director of CAF’s Office for Europe and Former Minister of Foreign Affairs of Colombia.
- Domitilla Sagramoso Lecturer in Security and Development, King's College
- José Miguel Insulza, Secretary General of the OAS
- Dino Mahtani, former correspondent FT and Reuters, former investigator for UN Security Council
- Professor Christopher Hughes, Head of the International Relations Department, LSE
You can read the Conference Rapport here.
Please click here to see the full programme.