Applications will open for 2018 entry in Autumn 2017.
If you’re curious about why people do what they do, if you want to gain or improve your research skills, or if you want to explore what psychology and behavioural science can tell us about society, then this is the right place for you.
All of our MSc programmes are one year (full-time) or two years (part-time), with the exception of the Executive MSc, beginning in September. You can apply as early as October of the year before your programme would begin.
How to apply
This MSc programme focuses on the interaction between organisations and the people who lead and work with/in them. We draw on the best in social science research to build new insights for diagnosing organisational problems as well as for understanding and intervening to build new organisational capabilities.
This MSc programme provides you with psychological knowledge to analyse economic phenomena and alternative business models. It teaches skills for change management and improving socio- economic systems and business models. This programme offers a range of choice in optional courses within the Department and the School so that you can deepen or widen your expertise, and take up the advanced study of particular aspects of economic life.
Have you ever wondered how different social contexts and cultures affect the ways in which people think, behave and relate to each other? This MSc programme explores the ways in which culture and society shape how people think, behave and relate to each other. We draw on theories, concepts and methods of social and cultural psychology to understand how societies think, how communities develop a sense of identity and how they represent controversial and important issues affecting local and global public spheres.
This MSc programme will explore communication as a social psychological process central to the conduct of everyday life. Communication is both the foundation of social life as well as a professional activity to influence and persuade, to gain advantage, to build and sustain trust, and to reach a common understanding on a controversial issue.
This Executive MSc is designed for professionals who want to augment their current career or expand their career options by learning how behavioural science can provide insights to human cognition and behaviour. The Executive MSc Behavioural Science provides students with the opportunity to study alongside their employment to enhance and support their professional development.
All of our MSc programmes have set courses as well as opportunities to individualise your experience.
- Quantitative: This is an intermediate course on statistics and quantitative analysis, which is suitable for anyone from beginninger and intermediate.
- Qualitative: This is a hands-off course that teaches you how to conduct focus groups, interviews, and other forms of qualitative research and analysis.
Social psychology and behavioural science
- Psychological and behavioural science: Your programme will provide you with an introduction to the fundamental elements of social psychology, behavioural science, and our department’s approach to these topics.
- Core course: Each master’s programme includes a core course that introduces key literature and theories that will help build a broad understanding of your concentration.
- Electives: Every student is able to choose a number of courses to customise their experience.
The Executive MSc is tailored to suite professionals with considerable work experience and has different structure from our other MSc programmes.