Publications, presentations and papers
- Brown, G and Yaffe, H (forthcoming 2017) Youth Activism and Solidarity: the Non-Stop Picket Against Apartheid (under contract to Routledge)
- Yaffe, H. (2009) Che Guevara: The Economics of Revolution. Foreword by Professor Lord Meghnad Desai. London: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Korean (2012), Spanish (2012), Indonesian (2014) and Turkish (2014) language editions of Che Guevara: the Economics of Revolution have been published.
- Brown, G and Yaffe, H (forthcoming Jan 2016) ‘Growing up through youthful engagement with geopolitical campaigning’ in M Benwell and P Hopkins (eds) Children, Young People and Critical Geopolitics, Aldershot: Ashgate.
- Yaffe, H. (2013) ‘Cuban Development: Inspiration to the ALBA-TCP’ in Thomas Muhr (ed.) Counter- Globalization and Socialism in the 21st Century: the Bolivarian Alliance for the Peoples of Our America, Routledge, Rethinking Globalizations series, 101-118.
- Yaffe, H. (2012) ‘Che Guevara: Cooperatives and the Political Economy of the Transition to Socialism’ in Camila Piñeiro Harnecker (ed.) Cooperatives and Socialism, Palgrave Macmillan, 115-142.
- Yaffe, H. (2011) ‘El Che Guevara: las cooperativas y la economía política de la transición al socialismo’ in Camila Piñeiro Hernecker (ed.) Cooperativas y Socialismo, Editorial Caminos, 132-166.
- Yaffe, H (in press, 2015) ‘Guevara, Ernesto “Che”’, Encyclopedia of Postcolonial Studies, Wiley-Blackwell.
- Yaffe, H (2011) ‘Che Guevara (1928-1967)’, The Literary Encyclopedia, www.litencyc.com.
Peer-reviewed journal articles:
- Yaffe, H. (2015) Venezuela: Building a Communal Economy?, International Critical Review, Routledge, 5:1, 23-41.
- Brown G and Yaffe, H. (2013) ‘Practices of Solidarity: Opposing apartheid in the centre of London’ in Antipode: a radical journal of Geography. DOI: 10.1111/anti.12037.
- Brown, G. and Yaffe, H. (2013) ‘Non-Stop Against Apartheid: practicing solidarity outside the South African Embassy’, Social Movement Studies 12(2): 227 – 234.
- Yaffe, H. (2012) ‘Che Guevara: The Great Debate Past and Present’, Science & Society, 76: 1, 9-38.
- Yaffe, H. (2011) ‘The Bolivarian Alliance for the Americas: An Alternative Development Strategy?’, International Journal of Cuban Studies, Special Issue: A new dawn? ALBA and the future of Caribbean and Latin American integration, Vol 3, No. 2 & 3, Summer/Autumn 2011, 128-144.
- Yaffe, H. (2009) ‘Cuban Development: Inspiration to ALBA’, Journal of Iberian and Latin American Research, 15:2, 143-160.
- Yaffe, H. (2009) ‘Che Guevara’s enduring legacy: not the foco, but the theory of socialist transition’, Latin American Perspectives, 36:2, 49-65.
Selected invitations and presentations
- (2013) International Women’s Forum, World Leadership Conference, ‘Modern Movements Shaping the World’. Guest speaker on ‘Shaping modern finance, public debt and the future’. Vancouver, Canada.
- (2013) A Venezuelan government ministry(Ministerio de Poder Popular para las Comunas y los Movimientos Sociales) invited me to give a series of lectures and presentations about my work on Cuban & Latin American political economy and to take part in internal discussions with several ministries and the government’s Economic Sub-Commission.
- (2013) Cuidad Universitaria José Antonio Echavarría(CUJAE), La Habana, Cuba. Guest lecture on ‘the role of technicians and technology in the political economy of transition’.
Selected conference papers
- Yaffe, H, (2015) ‘Venezuela’s attempts to build a communal economic system and its impact on ALBA’. Presented at Ten Years of the Bolivarian Alliance for the Peoples of Our America (ALBA): Progress, Problems, and Prospects, Institute of Latin American Studies, University of London.
- Brown, G and Yaffe, H. (2013): ‘Practices of Solidarity: opposing apartheid in the centre of London’. Presented at International Solidarity: Practices, Problems, Possibilities. Institute for International Integration Studies international conference, Trinity College, Dubin.
- Yaffe, H. (2011) Two papers: ‘Bolivarian Alliance for the Americas: an alternative development strategy’ and ‘Cuban development: inspiration to the Bolivarian Alliance for the Americas’. Presented at the Society of Latin American Studies Annual Conference, St Andrews University.
- Yaffe, H. (2011) ‘The Political Economy of the Bolivarian Alliance for the Americas’. Presented at International ALBA Conference, International Institute for the Study of Cuba.
- Yaffe, H. (2010) ‘Cuban Development: Inspiration to the Bolivarian Alliance for the Americas (ALBA)’. Presented at Cuba Research Forum Annual Conference, University of Nottingham.
- Yaffe, H. (2010) ‘Not Socialist Enough: Cuba and the British Left’. Presented at the Society of Latin American Studies Annual Conference, University of Bristol.
- Yaffe, H. (2010) ‘ALBA new dawn for Latin America?’ Presented at The Pink Tide: Reconfiguring Politics, Power 4 and Political Economy in the Americas? University of Nottingham.
- Yaffe, H. (2009) ‘Forwards to the old Great Debate’. Presented at the Cuba Research Forum Annual Conference, University of Nottingham.
- Recent op-eds and articles on Fidel Castro's death, Cuban development and Cuba-US relations for The Guardian, The Conversation, Telesur.
- Late 2016 to early 2017, interviewed for BBC, Sky, Al-Jazeera, Canadian CTV, Australian RN, following Fidel Castro's death in Cuba.
- March 2016, interviewed by Sky News and provided live commentary for BBC World News on several occasions during US President Obama’s historic visit to Cuba.
- April 2015, interviewed on US-Cuban relations for BBC World News and the Namibian Broadcasting Corporation.
- Other recent media interviews include: BBC News 24, World Service and Radio 4, Radio France International, Prensa Latina, Press TV, Television Cubana, Radio Sur and Ecuadorian National Television.