LSE thrives on diversity – of people, ideas and interests. We will invest in our community and enhance our services and infrastructure, so that we continue to attract the best and brightest, and enable every member of our community to excel.
We commit to:
Investing in our community
We will invest in supporting and developing all our researchers, educators and professional service staff.
Being open all life long
We will facilitate lifelong relationships with LSE alumni, friends and partners, and encourage active involvement with life at the School.
Ensuring LSE works for everyone
We will work to build a School – and a society – in which everyone is able to fulfil their potential, and everyone’s contribution is valued.
Creating a sustainable LSE
We will create a world-class campus for our community, with state-of-the-art teaching, learning and social spaces, and adopting an approach of “freedom within a framework” to streamline administrative processes whilst supporting innovation.
How we will do this:
- Support faculty to maximise their time for teaching and research
- Launch a digital Staff Hub to improve access to services and opportunities
- Empower staff to shape their own development, including giving all staff access to LSE’s courses and programmes
- Launch a digital Alumni Hub to complement the new Alumni Centre
- Develop a Welcome Centre to improve visitor experience on campus
- Invest in School-wide resources to advance diversity of staff and students and address systemic inequalities
- Ensure policies are in place to foster equitable and inclusive working practices
- Continue to invest in capital development to upgrade teaching, learning and social spaces, including a new education and conference facility
- Use our strengths in data analysis to inform decision-making and robustly evaluate our own activities
- Empower and support staff and students to innovate and lead change.