The standard quarantine requirement for travellers from amber list countries or territories is to self-isolate in your accommodation for 10 days after arrival. However, you may be able to reduce the quarantine period via the Test to Release scheme.
LSE is offering Summer School students a free Test to Release test. This test can be taken on campus no earlier than the 5th day after your arrival in England.
For example, if you arrive on Monday 26 July, you could take the test on Saturday 31 July, with results expected on Sunday 1 August. If the test result is negative, you can stop quarantining as soon as you receive the result.
If you choose Test to Release, you must still book and take your 2 compulsory travel tests to be taken on day 2 and day 8 after your arrival. Even if your Test to Release test is negative, you would still need to take the compulsory test on or after day 8.
If the test is positive you will need to quarantine for another 10 days.
Booking a Test to Release test at LSE:
Please note: If you have already booked a Test to Release test via a separate provider, you do not need to notify us of this or book a separate test at LSE.
If you plan to take this test via LSE, choose to opt into the scheme on the passenger locator form. The forms will ask you to input the name of the test laboratory. LSE use Future Health Technologies Ltd.
- Go to the LSE booking system.
- Click on the ‘Book your test (student)’ button
- Log in by entering your LSE account username and password (this is tied to the LSE for You account you should have activated)
- If you require the test on Saturday 31 July: select the ‘Summer School Saturday PCR Day 5 Test’ option and complete the required fields. You’ll then be able to book a test slot for the Saturday.
- If you require the test on a different day to Saturday 31 July: select the ‘Any Other Test Type’ option. You will then be offered different types of tests. It is important that you select the ‘PCR Test’ Test to Release option – it will say ‘For lifting quarantine as per the 'Test to Release' scheme’.
- Please complete the required fields. The form will then suggest an earliest test date based on the arrival date you have given.
- Select to take the test at the LSE Main Campus.
- You’ll then be able book a slot for the test. Please note that the testing centre is not open on weekends.