- Programme typeOn campus open programme
- LocationOn campus
- Start dates30 Oct 2023 - Open10 Jun 2024 - Open
- Duration1 week, full-time
- DepartmentDepartment of Finance
Apply the tools of corporate finance to boost your strategic decision-making.
Making the strategic decisions that will determine the future expansion, restructuring or capital requirements of your organisation calls for a deep understanding of the bigger picture. This programme gives you the broadened knowledge and insight needed to cut through complexity and see the fuller context. You will gain and learn to apply the practical financial tools to make informed decisions that will drive your firm’s competitive strategy and sustain future growth.
An intensive, empowering learning experience for you. Strategic impact for your organisation.
- Consolidate your mastery of financial markets and project valuation.
- Investigate strategies for alleviating financial distress such as corporate restructuring, leveraged buyouts, raising capital and IPOs.
- Explore the interplay between corporate and competitive strategy, looking at options such as mergers and acquisitions.
- Look at strategies for new businesses and explore the ramifications of going public and private.
How you learn
Corporate Finance and Strategy is an intensive, fast-paced programme that gives you a highly practical and applied approach to finance, so that you can apply the tools, frameworks and concepts of modern finance to address topical and strategic issues. The programme convenes executives and decision-makers from a broad diversity of sectors, organisations and geographies at the LSE campus in central London. Together you will explore the concepts using contemporary case studies, realistic valuation exercises, group work and dynamic discussion. You also benefit from supported study sessions at the end of each day to clarify new ideas. The programme is led by LSE faculty, world experts in corporate finance and applied econometrics.
View the provisional programme timetable below:
Join our mailing list
Sign up to get more information about Corporate Finance and Strategy
This programme is designed for:
- Directors, executives, managers and other professionals with some finance background who wish to explore the interactions between financial and strategic decisions in corporations.
- Professionals who are interested in learning how to apply capital structure and valuation techniques to the analysis of strategic decisions, such as mergers and acquisitions, reorganisations, and raising capital.
"I was able to apply the course theory and practicalities instantly in my everyday work. A good kick-starter."
At LSE, we understand the complex interconnectedness of the challenges facing our world. As Europe’s foremost social science university, we know that it is only by managing this interconnectedness that you can secure sustainability and success in business. All of our world-class programmes for leaders leverage the fullest benefits of our renowned, interdisciplinary expertise – the psychology, the finance, the economic dimensions, and the interplay between them that underscores global business. You emerge with the fully rounded understanding, the integrated mindset and the leading-edge strategic tools to navigate complexity and spearhead meaningful change.
The programme is taught by:
Dr Vicente Cuñat
Professor of Finance
Dr Ashwini Agrawal
Associate Professor of Finance
The Department of Finance at LSE enjoys a pre-eminent global reputation both for its teaching and the quality of its research. The Department is fully engaged across the spectrum of finance subfields, from corporate finance, asset pricing theory, risk management, empirical analysis of capital markets, behavioural finance, portfolio analysis, derivatives pricing, microstructure and financial econometrics.
Fees and entry requirements
Tuition fee: £6,950
This covers all tuition, course materials, daily lunches and networking events. You will receive an LSE certificate of completion at the end of the course.
All LSE executive education participants are required to have:
- Fluency in English.
- A good undergraduate degree or significant work experience in a relevant role(s).
- Minimum five years’ professional experience. Typically our participants have more than ten years’ work experience, but we will consider those with less experience who have enjoyed an accelerated career path to a senior level.