- Programme typeOn campus open programme
- LocationOn campus
- Start date20 Feb 2023
- Duration1 week, full-time
- DepartmentGrantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment
How is climate change poised to impact your organisation?
Climate change is reshaping global markets, forcing us to rethink supply chains, resources and the way we do business now and for years to come. This programme gives you a comprehensive, fully integrative and multi-disciplinary understanding of the threats, challenges and opportunities the lie ahead. Gain the competitive insights and tools to position your organisation at the forefront of change.
A profound and transformational learning experience for you. Immediate and actionable insights for your organisation.
How you learn
Climate Change: Economics and Governance in an intense five-day programme. You will join a small cohort of senior leaders from a broad diversity of roles, organisations, sectors and geographies at the LSE campus in the heart of London.
Your learning experience draws on a fully integrative, multi-disciplinary perspective on climate change leveraging LSE interdisciplinary expertise. Explore the scientific evidence, key controversies in this space, and the critical dimensions of economics and governance, including pricing carbon, market failure and imperfect shared resource systems such as the tragedy of the commons.
Your learning is led by renowned LSE faculty and guest experts. It is enriched by dynamic group discussion with peers and faculty, and experiential dynamics such as simulations and role play.
View the provisional programme timetable below:
Join our mailing list
Sign up to get more information about Climate Change: Economics and Governance
- Senior executives searching for insight into how climate change affects their business
- Policy makers and decision makers from international governments and intergovernmental organisations working in the field of climate change and the environment
- Professionals within private sector companies dealing with climate change through corporate social responsibility
- Companies and industry groups facing carbon regulation and seeking a greater understanding of the issues
- Global development professionals that deal with the impact of climate change and its related policies
"The programme has given me inspiration and fuelled my sense of urgency as well as my intellectual curiosity"
At LSE we understand the complex interconnectedness of the challenges facing our world. As Europe’s foremost social science university, we know that it is only by managing this interconnectedness that you can secure sustainability and success in business. All of our world-class programmes for business leaders leverage the fullest benefits of our renowned, interdisciplinary expertise – the science, the economics, the political and institutional interplay that undergird global business – so that you emerge with the fully rounded understanding, the integrated mindset and the leading-edge strategic tools to navigate complexity and spearhead meaningful change.
On this course you’ll be learning from both world class LSE faculty and guest speakers, who bring their experiences to life through case studies.
Professor Simon Dietz
Professor of Environmental Policy
Professor Declan Conway
Professorial Research Follow
Dr Veerle Heyvaert
Professor of Law
Dr Richard Perkins
Associate Professor of Environmental Geography
Professorial Research Fellow
Associate Professorial Research Fellow
Dr Swenja Surminski
Head of Adaptation Research
The Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment was established by the London School of Economics and Political Science in 2008 to create a world-leading centre for policy-relevant research and training on climate change and the environment. We bring together ground-breaking international expertise on economics, finance, geography, the environment, international development and political economy.
Fees and entry requirements
Tuition fee: £6,295
This covers all tuition, course materials, daily lunches and networking events. You will receive an LSE certificate of completion at the end of the course.
All LSE executive education participants are required to have:
- Fluency in English.
- A good undergraduate degree or significant work experience in a relevant role(s).
- Minimum five years’ professional experience. Typically our participants have more than ten years’ work experience, but we will consider those with less experience who have enjoyed an accelerated career path to a senior level.