What are the implications of current economic events and policy choices for investment and strategic decisions? This course will provide participants with state-of-the-art analytical tools to be able to assess relevant policy debates and the implications of policy choices.
This course will offer a mix of lectures and student-led discussions involving LSE faculty and high profile external speakers. A key feature of this course is the focus on current events.
This executive course will investigate the following key topics:
- External imbalances: how to detect vulnerabilities in Emerging Market Economies
- Structure of the European Monetary Union and its fragility: what's next?
- What have we learned on fiscal policy during the crisis?
- Fiscal rules in the EU
- Macroeconomic imbalances in the EU
- A case study: Italy
- China’s economic growth and its prospects for future years, and its impact on the world economy.
- The EU fiscal framework and its evolution.
- Are advanced economies trapped in world of low growth and low interest rates?
View a sample timetable of the week >>