MG466 Half Unit
Supply Chain Management
This information is for the 2018/19 session.
This course is available on the CEMS Exchange, Global MSc in Management, Global MSc in Management (CEMS MiM), Global MSc in Management (MBA Exchange), MBA Exchange, MSc in Management (1 Year Programme) and MSc in Management of Information Systems and Digital Innovation. This course is available with permission as an outside option to students on other programmes where regulations permit.
This course is available as an outside option to students on other programmes where regulations permit.
Supply chain management is concerned with matching supply with demand. Excess supply is too costly, inadequate supply adversely impacts both current revenue and future demand. The course will cover the following key topics: the manufacturer-retailer supply chain, centralised vs decentralised supply chains, sourcing policy and the buyer-supplier relationship, global sourcing and supplier management. The course will also discuss tools for managing supply chains, re-engineering the supply chain, and the role of IT in supply chain integration.
18 hours of lectures and 12 hours of seminars in the LT.
- “Sorenson Research Company, Abridged,” Harvard Business School, Case 9-677-257.
- “Barilla SpA (A)”, Harvard Business School, Case 9-694-046.
- “Northco (A),” Harvard Business School, Case 9-697-017.
- “Intercon Japan,” Harvard Business School, Case 9-688-056.
- “Massimo Menichetti,” Harvard Business School, Case 9-686-135.
- “Bose Corporation: JIT II,” Darden Business Publishing, CASE UV0560.
Essay (50%, 3000 words), presentation (20%) and continuous assessment (30%) in the LT.
The presentation will be completed in groups of no more than three students per group.
Total students 2017/18: Unavailable
Average class size 2017/18: Unavailable
Controlled access 2017/18: No
Value: Half Unit
Personal development skills
- Team working
- Problem solving
- Application of information skills
- Application of numeracy skills
- Commercial awareness
- Specialist skills