ST211 Half Unit
This information is for the 2017/18 session.
Dr Nicholas Cron (COL2.04)
This course is compulsory on the BSc in Business Mathematics and Statistics. This course is available as an outside option to students on other programmes where regulations permit. This course is not available to General Course students.
Specifically the course is available to Accounting and Finance students who have taken ST102.
Tabulation, Graphical representation, Regression, Detection of outliers, Model diagnostics, Analysis of Variance.
10 hours of lectures and 20 hours of lectures in the LT. 2 hours of lectures in the ST.
Students will be given their assessed project to start on in week 6 which is due in at the beginning of ST.
Regular Moodle quizzes. Regular take home exercises.
1. Neter, J., Kutner, M., Nachtsheim, C. and Wasserman, W. Applied Linear Statistical Models, McGraw-Hill, Fourth Edition. (2004).
2. Abraham, B. Ledolter, J. Introduction to Regression Modelling, Thomson Brooks Cole. (2006).
3. S. Weisberg Applied Linear Regression, Wiley, 3rd edition. (2005)(intermediate).
4. Fox (2016) Applied Regression Analysis and Generalized Linear Models.
5. Dougherty (2011) Introduction to Econometrics.
Exam (50%, duration: 2 hours) in the main exam period.
Project (50%) in the ST.
Student performance results
(2014/15 - 2016/17 combined)
|Classification||% of students|
Total students 2016/17: 33
Average class size 2016/17: 16
Capped 2016/17: Yes (60)
Value: Half Unit
- Problem solving
- Application of information skills
- Specialist skills