Led by award-winning LSE faculty from the #1 university Finance department in Europe*, the Finance for Executives course at the LSE empowers executives to use financial tools to make better decisions and become even greater assets to their organisation, and will demystify the language of finance for rising and senior executives.
5 day intensive programme running 4 - 8 June 2018
This is a highly interactive course which combines lectures, case studies, exercises, spreadsheet modelling and classroom discussions to provide a focused introduction to the tools of high-level corporate finance.
It can develop the skills of senior managers and directors within a broad range of organisations; from start-ups through to multinationals, NGO’s, government bodies and public sector services.
This executive course is also suitable for:
- Mid to senior level executives in general management, corporate planning, strategy, marketing and sales, operations, research and development and other functional areas
Tuition Fee: £5,795
Includes all LSE tuition, course materials, daily lunches, and networking events. You will also be awarded an LSE certificate of completion at the end of the five days.
Part of LSE Executive Education Courses
*QS World University Rankings By Subject 16/17
Many executives ascend to positions of great responsibility with less knowledge of finance than they desire. This essential programme is an expertly designed overview of the crucial frameworks and tools of modern corporate finance.
Over five intensive days, this programme breaks down the barriers faced by managers and directors, and equips participants with tools that are immediately applicable in any organisation.
Executive Education Courses are taught to the School's high standard and are therefore academically rigorous. Participants are expected to be fluent in English, with a good first degree in a relevant subject.
As an executive programme, experience in the workplace is a key requirement. Most of our participants have more than 10 years' experience but we will consider fast-track candidates with a minimum of two years' professional experience.
Requirements in brief
- Fluency in English
- Undergraduate degree
- Professional experience (see above)
No advanced quantitative skills are required, but participants should have some familiarity with Microsoft Excel or similar tools.
More information about LSE Executive Education Courses
- Develop the skills required to critically assess the financial health and needs of your firm
- Understand and practice how to allocate financial (and other) resources optimally
- Confidently evaluate major investment projects and entire companies
- Assess the attractiveness of investments through discounted cash flow (DCF) modelling and analysis
- Communicate more effectively with the finance function in your own organisation
- Communicate on a level-playing field with key sources of outside financing such as lenders and shareholders.
The course will be taught by:
- Professor Dirk Jenter
- Professor Daniel Ferreira