Dive into the entrepreneurship process
We have designed the course around a series of cross-cutting questions at the core of what you, as an entrepreneur, need to know and be able to do.
- We motivate you to think about how you as an entrepreneur can identify, evaluate, and innovate around opportunities.
- We bring practical insights into assembling and managing teams, raising capital, and scaling within entrepreneurial ventures.
- We address opportunities and challenges that emerging technologies and new markets create.
- En route, we weave together a cohesive portrait of the entrepreneurial process.
- LSE's approach to executive education is personal and set within the context of your experience. The program integrates case discussions, presentations, and experiential learning to give you hands-on experience in tackling complex entrepreneurial decisions.
At the heart of this course is an ‘action learning’ project through which participants learn and apply the concepts from the course. Participants work in small groups to agree an entrepreneurial idea to develop throughout the week. This provides a concrete way for participants to test and apply the learning from the course as well as network and learn from others.
Your opportunity to engage with world-class faculty at the leading edge of research.
Research highlight: Equity crowdfunding: a new model for financing entrepreneurship. Feb 2016
Professor Estrin and Dr Khavul have demonstrated the benefits of equity crowdfunding as a “robust alternative” for investors and entrepreneurs.
As part of their research role with the LSE's Centre for Economic Performance they analysed investment behaviour on the UK’s largest equity crowdfunding platform, Crowdcube, which has an estimated 80 per cent share of the equity crowdfunding market.
According to Professor Saul Estrin and Dr Susanna Khavul, “the findings suggest that this new virtual market can solve the persistent market failures in funding entrepreneurial ventures".
Read the full report >>