Many human resource (HR) departments today have centralised systems that use outdated and inefficient approaches and software. In a continuously evolving business environment, HR plays a critical role in ensuring an organisation is equipped to digitise. Professionals in this space need to upskill and develop the ability to effectively utilise digital HR in order to succeed in their job and drive business performance.
The Digital Transformation in HR online certificate course provides you with an in-depth overview of the key trends, issues, and methods involved in strategically implementing digital HR. Drawing on real-world case studies and recent research, you’ll discover effective digital HR adoption strategies and develop the technological capabilities needed to enhance employee management and productivity.
Guided by faculty from the Department of Management, ranked second in the world for business and management, you’ll discover how to use data and technology to enhance the potential of your HR function and make more informed decisions. Finally, you’ll learn how to create a digital human resource management (HRM) implementation plan and evaluate the emerging tools that assist with the digital transformation of HR practices at an organisational, functional, and individual level.
This online certificate course is certified by the United Kingdom CPD Certification Service, and may be applicable to individuals who are members of, or are associated with, UK-based professional bodies. The course has an estimated 70 hours of learning.
Registrations close: To be confirmed
Course start (Orientation opens): To be confirmed
Module 1 starts: To be confirmed
Duration: 8 weeks (excluding orientation)
Commitment: 8 - 10 hours per week
- Explore the evolution, current status, and trends of digital human resource management, and the ethical considerations of adopting a digital strategy
- Gain a practical understanding of how to use data and technology to inform workforce and business decision-making
- Identify and solve digital HRM business challenges related to various organisational contexts
- Develop the adoption, change, and risk management skills required to foster stakeholder trust while implementing solutions that alter the digital cultural landscape of an organisation
- Explore the mechanisms that assist the digital transformation of HR practices at an organisational, functional, and individual level
- Learn from key practitioners and industry leaders in the field, leveraging the most recent research
- Orientation module
- Module 1 The case for digital human resource management (HRM)
- Module 2 Identifying the problem: Evidence-based inquiry
- Module 3 Data sources, types, and collection
- Module 4 Data analytics for HR
- Module 5 Emerging tools for digital HRM (AI and HR)
- Module 6 Evidence-based HR decision-making
- Module 7 Implementing digital HRM
- Module 8 Supporting digital transformation
Jonathan E Booth – Associate Professor of Organisational Behaviour and Human Resource Management, Department of Management, LSE
Elaine Yerby – Senior Lecturer in Practice, Departent of Management, LSE
Chunyun Li – Assistant Professor, Department of Management, LSE
There are no prerequisites for this course.
This course is presented entirely online, in collaboration with leader in online education, GetSmarter. View this Digital Transformation in HR online certificate course on the GetSmarter website.
Modules are released on a weekly basis, and can be completed in your own time and at your own pace.
This interactive, supportive teaching model is designed for busy professionals and results in unprecedented certification rates for online courses.
All reading materials for this course will be made accessible to you through the Online Campus. Notes for each module are often downloadable, and you are able to save any information or collateral you use to your personal profile.